- Introducing the new Socrates Multidisciplinary Assessment Review Team (SMART) for Children and Adolescents!
- Mindfulness Groups for adults beginning 24th April 2018
- Associate Clinical Psychologist wanted.
- So you want to be a Clinical Psychologist?
- Mindfulness Course for Students Aged 11 - 17
- Clinical Psychologist/s wanted
- Dr Katie Moizer joins Socrates' permanent staff.
- Late opening on a Thursday
- Susan Gittins
- Happy Birthday!
- I Name This Ship...
- Clinical Psychologist wanted.
- Our move.
- We are moving...but not far.
- Dr Sam Walker goes into print
- Clinical Psychologist/s wanted
- Jackie White
- Great TV!
- Born Naughty?
- SCP launches its new website
- SCP opens new offices in Bolton
- Dr Samantha Walker joins SCP's permanent staff
- Dr Amanda Gill is accredited as a therapist and supervisor with BABCP
- SCP now offers EMDR Treatments
- Mrs Ailsa Smith joins SCP
- Dr Amanda Gill joins SCP's full time staff
- Ms Marie McGovern and Mrs Bernadette Ruttle join SCP
- Thinking of becoming a Clinical Psychologist?
- SCP offers screening for adults with suspected Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Dr Rachel Varley joins SCP
- Appointment of Dr Leanne Tidsey as Clinical Manager
- Socrates Autism Assessment and Intervention Service
- Raising Awareness of Significant Mental Health Difficulties in Vulnerable Young People
Posted on: 21-03-2018
Posted on: 14-03-2018
Posted on: 13-03-2018
Posted on: 22-08-2017
Posted on: 02-08-2017
Posted on: 07-06-2017
Posted on: 10-05-2017
Posted on: 07-02-2017
Posted on: 01-02-2017
Posted on: 18-01-2017
Posted on: 30-11-2016
Posted on: 27-10-2016
Posted on: 13-10-2016
Posted on: 04-10-2016
Dr Sam Walker has contributed to
Posted on: 22-08-2016
Various posts available
Posted on: 13-05-2016
Jackie White, Speech and Language Therapist
Posted on: 02-07-2015
Born Naughty showed the power of psychological iintervention...
Posted on: 21-05-2015
Dr Leanne Tidsey, Clinical Manager, appears on Channel 4
Posted on: 16-05-2015
SCP, working closely with ISL Technology, launches its new website
Posted on: 17-08-2014
From April 1st, SCP will have new premises in Bolton. These are located in the White House Business Centre, 42-44 Chorley New Road, Bolton, BL1 4AP.
Posted on: 20-05-2014
Dr Sam Walker joined the permanent staff of SCP at the beginning of November.She has a number of years experience in the assessment and treatment of individuals across the lifespan who are experiencing psychological distress including anxiety, depression, grief and trauma.
Posted on: 07-11-2013
Dr Amanda Gill has recently been accredited as a therapist and supervisor with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP).
Posted on: 31-10-2013
Dr Leanne Tidsey, Clinical Manager at SCP, has recently completed EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing) training and is now offering this therapeutic approach to clients. EMDR is a proven technique.
Posted on: 18-09-2013
Mrs Ailsa Smith has joined SCP’s Associates. She has 22 years of experience working in the NHS as a Clinical Psychologist with children and their families.
Posted on: 01-05-2013
Dr Amanda Gill, who has been an Associate with SCP for some time, is to join the full time staff from 1st June 2013.
Posted on: 24-04-2013
Ms Marie McGovern and Mrs Bernadette Ruttle, UKCP Registered Systemic Psychotherapists, have joined the staff of SCP. Family therapy, or systemic psychotherapy, as it is also called offers a safe supportive space for families, couples and individuals to talk together or separately about some of the most important aspects of life; family and personal relationships. It offers the potential for significant change in longstanding difficulties.
Posted on: 27-02-2013
Becoming a Clinical Psychologist is very competitive. The pathway into clinical psychology involves several stages. Firstly, you need to obtain a degree (or equivalent) in psychology which is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and confers Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the BPS.
Posted on: 10-10-2012
From 1st October 2012, Dr Rachel Varley can offer screening assessments for adults with suspected autistic spectrum disorders. From January 2013 a full assessment package will also be available.
Posted on: 03-10-2012
Dr Rachel Varley joined the permanent staff of Socrates Clinical Psychology on the 1st October 2012. Dr Varley is a clinical psychologist who works mainly with adults who are experiencing mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, PTSD and chronic difficulties that result in longstanding interpersonal problems.
Posted on: 01-10-2012
On the 2nd January 2012, Dr Leanne Tidsey joined SCP as Clinical Manager.On the 2nd January 2012, Dr Leanne Tidsey joined SCP as Clinical Manager. Dr Tidsey has been an associate with SCP since its inception but has now relinquished her NHS work to concentrate on independent practice.
Posted on: 11-01-2012
SCP has launched its new Autism Assessment and Intervention Service. The service is provided across the age range and is delivered by clinical and educational psychologists with specialist input from a speech and language therapist. Other specialists will be involved as necessary.
Posted on: 29-11-2011
Useful links. PDF Leaflets. Resources.
Posted on: 02-11-2011